Pause, Stop, Rewind...
As I take a break from writing out my interims I am wondering where has the time gone. My last post was the first day of school, that seemed just like yesterday. Now we are half way through the first nine weeks and I am wondering where has the time gone. Ethan is playing baseball again. He is playing baseball in Kernersville, which is only a few minutes away from Colfax Elem. He has practice on Tuesday and games on Friday and Saturdays. He is playing with mostly 7 and 8 year olds, which is making Ethan step up his game. They play 6 inning games and rotate what positions they play. His favorite positions to play are 1st base and pitcher. It is machine pitch, so he doesn't pitch, but he stands on the pitcher's mound. Although, today he enjoyed getting all of the safety gear on to play catcher. He is still taking piano one day a week and making progress. He is not quite ready to replace his dad as the church pianist. He is enjoying 1st grade. He loves his teacher and all of his friends. Ethan likes being challenged with all of the spelling words, learning a poem each week, and reading books on his level.
Katherine is keeping me busy too. She is now a 5th grader with a lot more homework already. She is doing a great job of doing her homework right after school instead of at the last minute. She too loves both of her teachers. She spends a lot of time texting her friends, since she got her cell phone in July. Both most day you will find Katherine at GAC (Greensboro Allstar Cheerleading) cheering her heart out. On Mondays she tumbles for a couple of hours. I don't mean cart wheels. She is working on her layout and standing tuck. These are all moves that I never knew existed as a kids left alone tried. On Tuesdays and Thursdays she is back at GAC practicing with one of her 2 teams Youth 2 and Jr. Pink. There are a few Wednesdays or Saturdays that she has extra practice, but she never minds. She is very excited for her 1st competition on Oct. 10th. Although life is crazy I enjoy every minute with my kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment